Call it simple living. Call it minimalism. Regardless, living a life with less stuff gives you more time and energy for the things that are important. Family. Friends. Adventure. Travel. Health. Quiet. Cocktails in the afternoon sun.
This blog covers the how and why of creating a life of simplicity, and will prove to you time and time again that I don’t have all the answers. In fact, I aim for having some of the answers, some of the time. The rest I leave up to the gurus.
I’m Brooke McAlary and this is my blog.
I’m mum to two sweet and rambunctious kids, wife to one gorgeous and hard-working man and pursuer of many passions.
Namely gardening, writing, reading and consuming red wine.
I find writing about myself incredibly uncomfortable, unless I have a specific topic to cover. So I’ll save myself the anxiety and put the rest in bullet points. Sound good?
- simple living advocate
- gardening nerd
- environmentally mindful
- avid reader
- music fan (Paul Simon, The Beach Boys, The Shins + folk; indie rock; country)
- Arrested Development groupie
- Walking Dead fangirl
- I used to own and run the independent jewellery label, Trove, which I closed down mid-2010. It was tough.)
- I have worked as a documentary sales officer, a trainee florist, a television captioner and a ski-lift operator.
- I was diagnosed with post-natal depression in early 2011, after our second baby was born. (You can read my story here.)
- I was 22 years old before I saw snow.
- My favourite book is Cloudstreet by Tim Winton.