You may remember we bought a puppy about a month ago?
It is no coincidence then, that this post tackles how to keep your carpets smelling fresh. Even after they have been assaulted by the peeing machine (AKA Cash the Dog).
As is always the aim with the green cleaning recipes here, this one is made using all natural ingredients, actually works, and will cost cents to make, as opposed to dollars to buy.
- bicarb soda
- tea tree oil (or eucalyptus or lavender)
- something to hold the bicarb mix – preferably with holes in the lid (a shaker is perfect, but you could use a pringles tube and punch some holes in the lid. Get creative!)
1. Fill the container with your bicarb.
2. Add 10 drops of your chosen essential oil.
3. Shake well, to ensure the oil is distributed throughout the bicarb.
4. Sprinkle lightly over the carpet you wish to deodorise. Leave for 15 minutes or longer.
5. Vacuum the carpet as normal. Revel in the fresh smell!
6. Use as often as needed. I generally do this once a month to keep the carpets smelling…not smelly.
Do you have a dog? Does he pee everywhere? Can you give me some hints on toilet training?